Wednesday, November 29, 2006

new bands make me happy

In my quest to become a Fray groupie for the concert on thursday (aaaaaaaaahhhh im so excited!) I have stumbled upon a band that I'm newly obsessed with, and felt that if I didn't share them with you, my dear friends, I would be doing this world a great disservice. They are called Augustana. They are amazing. If you only listen to one of their songs, download Boston. It's crazy good if you're into piano riffs (are they called that?) and dispatch-like music.

Today I sat through my last culture through film movie, and I actually stayed awake the entire time, which is a huge achievement, especially since the entire movie was in Chinese. I've learned a lot this semester...

Yesterday I had one of the most awkwardly tense moments of my life. I was standing in the hall with a bunch of guys and girls who live there with me, when a girl who I recognized but don't know walked by. She lives at the end of the hall, but isn't very social with the other people hall. She was visibly upset, and one of the girls stopped her to ask what was wrong. She screamed "my brother just got hit by a car and died" and then ran off. No one knew what to say or how to react. We all just kinda dissipated into our rooms to try to chew over this information in our head, until someone informed the RA so that she could talk to her. It's one of those things that there is absolutely no acceptable response to and I learned there is one more thing tht I have no idea how to deal with. I understand this story isn't particularly funny. I'm sorry.

I have officially finished 8 papers in two days, and my solo-bistango celebration in my room last night was to die for. Follow that with the most intense Veronica Mars EVER (she stabbed him with a unicorn!!), meeting new people in peace + fro yo's hallway, and I had a satisfactory evening.

Gonna go nap pre in-class essay.
--Awkwardly Tan Aristotle

1 comment:

Big Haired Ghandi said...

you are a paper machine.

why is death becoming a reoccurring motif in our lives. whens the last time we heard about someone being born...it seems like we should be at that point in our "lifecycle stage" right now instead of the other end...

~big haired ghandi